MELBOURNE IS AUSTRALIA'S MUSIC MECCA
Check out our What's On - Local Events & get the latest St Kilda & Melbourne music events or look for venue line ups here.
Check out our recommended venues
- Billboard Venues & Nightclub - Melbourne
- Cherry Bar - The home of Rock'n Roll in Melbourne
- Red Bennies Chapel Street - Live Music Venue & Performing Arts
- The Esplanade Hotel - St Kilda
- The Corner Hotel - Richmond
- The Hi-Fi - Melbourne
- The Palais Theatre - St Kilda
- Veludo Bar & Restaurant - St Kilda
ST KILDA HAPPENINGS
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding Stand-Up Paddle boarding (also know as SUP or Supping) was born on Waikiki beach, Hawaii in the early 1950's. Supping is now the fastest growing board sport in the world & you can do it right here on St Kilda Beach.
- Kite Republic Kite Republic are St Kilda’s Original Kiteboarding School. They offer only the best complete kiteboarding experience from beginner lessons, private lessons for all standards, day and weekend group trips away, as well as international tours. On top of this Kite Repubic HQ, St Kilda’s premiere 100% Kiteboarding shop located in the St Kilda Sea Baths has all the major brands and their friendly and experienced staff can help you out with anything you are after new or second hand. A must do for anyone travelling to St Kilda!”
- Eureka Skydeck Experience "The Edge" and the best view in Melbourne.
- Federation Square Ever since this landmark cultural and entertainment destination was opened to the public, Melburnians and visitors have been gathering here. It is a meeting place with restaurants, galleries, theatres, shops, etc.
- Gasworks Gasworks Arts Park is a multiple purpose arts precinct set on the edge of Melbourne CBD. Gasworks is a not-for-profit community arts centre in beautiful park surrounds. The precinct houses four hectares of park, two theatres, three gallery spaces, a café, a children’s bookshop, as well as function and workshop spaces.
- Palace Cinema Enjoy a wine while you watch a movie.
- Royal Botanic Gardens One of the world’s finest botanic gardens with over 10,000 species and 50,000 individual plants in 38 hectares, including trees and plants of great cultural value. Wander through the gardens or take a tour.
- Queen Victoria Markets Shop till you drop in the historic Queen Vic Markets.
- The Melbourne Aquarium Check out the penguins or swim with sharks!
- Walking Tour Podcasts by ABC Radio Do your own walking tour of Melbourne with one of these unique PodTours. All ABC Melbourne PodTours begin at the Melbourne Visitor Centre at Federation Square and can be completed in about an hour, unless you’re tempted to linger. What’s more they’re free to download. Three tours available.
- Grampians Relax and rejuvenate amid the misty waterfalls, mountain streams and tranquil lakes of the Grampians region.
- Holgate Brewhouse Hand Crafted All Malt Real Ales & Lagers - Woodend, Macdeon Ranges.
- Kryal Castle Visitors are set to feel they have entered a special place, leaving behind the every day and being part of an adventure only possible at Kryal Castle. Located in Leigh Creek, Victoria
- Phillip Island Phillip Island Nature Park is renowned as home to one of Australia's most popular wildlife attractions, the Penguin Parade.
- Sovereign Hill Australia’s foremost outdoor museum, Sovereign Hill re-creates Ballarat’s first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1851 when thousands of international adventurers rushed to the Australian goldfields in search of fortune.
- Werribee Open Range Zoo Werribee Open Range Zoo allows you to get up close and personal with the animals and see them in a natural environment!
CAR & CAMPERVAN HIRE & SALES
- Jucy Rentals Australian Campervan Rental Specialists priding themselves in providing some of the best service and motor homes in the industry.
- Mighty Cheap Campervan Hire Whether you're extremely cheap and looking for a place to sleep or you're a little more fancy pants and want all the mod cons of a crowded innercity apartment these guys are sure to find something suited to your needs.
- Spaceship Campervan Hire Hit the road, discovering any and every corner of Australia's amazing landscape in a Spaceship campervan. Packed with every feature you could imagine for a self contained driving holiday experience!
- Travellers Autobarn Australian Campervans and Cars - BUY SELL RENT HIRE! You can't go wrong!
- Travel Wheels Offering good quality Campervans, 4 x 4's, Cars, Station Wagons and Fly-Drive travel deals that saves you money, completely backed up with excellent customer service.
TOURS, DAY TRIPS OR EXTENDED TOURING
- Autopia Tours Small group adventure tours throughout Victoria and beyond seeing some of Victoria's most popular sites.
- Bunyip ToursWith a solid reputation of offering fun, adventurous tours for over 10 years with a variety of trips to suit people’s needs in an environmentally responsible way. They even pick you up at our door!
- Cafe Bus Café Bus Winery Tours visit some of Melbourne and Victoria's premier wine regions including the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. Just like your favourite cafe - on wheels!
- Go West A multi award-winning provider of day tours from Melbourne. Providing guests with a memorable and informative experience, not just a destination.
- Official Neighbours Tour Regular tours to Ramsay Street and to other famous sites of the show will satisfy any Neighbours fan. A must-see for all tourists.
- Peek Tours Every Friday Habitat HQ joins with Peek to send our guests on a daily free tour of Melbourne leaving from Federation Square. If you can't join us on a Friday be sure to check out their website for more tours!
- Ride Tours Ride is a very small, proudly independent company set up for backpackers that want to do something a little different.
- Wildlife Tours Melbourne tours, Great Ocean Road tours, Phillip Island penguin parade tours, Grampians tours and Melbourne to Adelaide tours!
- Adventure Tours Adventure Tours Australia is an award winning travel company specialising in small group tours. They offer 3 unique tour styles!
- Great Ocean Road Surf Tours Learn to surf on one of the worlds most famous stretches of scenic coast. Great Ocean Road Surf Tours run 1 - 5 day surf tours that will have you hooked on chasing the ultimate ride!
- Groovy Grape Groovy Grape Getaways provides interactive tours that embrace the Indigenous cultures of the diverse destinations you visit, with local authentic experiences in a fun, informative and adventurous style.
- TopDeck Tours Providing unforgettable adventures across the globe for 18 to 30 somethings. Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone! Explore. Enjoy. Share the Experience with Topdeck.
- Under Downunder Under Down Under is one of Tasmania's pioneers of affordable adventure travel in Tasmania. Travellers' first choice when it comes to local knowledge, great guides and seeing the most memorable places.
- Yarra Valley Winderies Wineries and vineyards located in Australia's Yarra Valley.
Father Bob Maquire Foundation Inspired by the lifetime work of one of Australia’s genuine heroes, the outspoken South Melbourne parish priest, Fr Bob Maguire, this is a foundation connected to the very fibre of our community and its pressing social issues.The overriding principle of the Fr Bob Maguire Foundation is to ensure practical help is directed to the areas of most need at any given time. Guests of Habitat HQ contribute a gold coin donation on our Event Guru Walking Tours weekly for this community charity.
Thank You Water Thankyou Water is a new brand of bottled water using 100% of its profits to fund water projects in developing nations across Africa and South East Asia. The Melbourne based team behind Thankyou Water say “Thankyou Water exists to bring a collision between two extremes, the world water crisis and Australia’s $600 million bottled water industry.” Habitat HQ now stocks this brand as one bottle of Thankyou Water is enough to provide clean drinking water to one person for at least one month in the developing world.
Beach Safety for Visitors to Australian Beaches You are in Australia & no doubt part of your Australian experience is going to be spent at the beach. Take a moment to read about how Australian Lifeguards suggest you swim safely. This website is available in all languages to assist our non-english speaking visitors have a fun & safe time in the water.
Habitat HQ respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners of the land on which we operate our business, the Boon Wurrung peoples, and pay respect to their Elders past and present.
The contact for the Boon Wurrung peoples is senior elder and traditional owner Auntie Carolyn Briggs, firstname.lastname@example.org