Habitat HQ is nestled in Melbourneâ€™s funky beachside suburb, St Kilda which can be found on the south east fringe of Melbourne. It is only a direct 20 minute tram ride from Swanston Street in the heart of the city to the Habitat HQ door. St Kilda is an ideal base for your stay in Melbourne, whether you are a backpacker or budget traveller. It is easy to access via all forms of transport - bus, tram, train or taxi.
From Tullamarine Airport
AIRPORT TO HABITAT HQ - SHUTTLE SERVICE
The Frankston & Peninsula Airport Shuttle (FAPAS - the green & white bus) runs a service from the airport straight to our doorstep. The airport pick up location is straight outside Arrivals terminal in middle traffic island.
FAPAS Hours of Operation:
- Mon/Wed/Fri 0630 â€“ 2030
- Tue/Thurs 0630 â€“ 1845
- Sat/Sun 0705 â€“ 1900
- 1 x adult one way AUD $18
- 2 x adult â€“ couple one way AUD $32
- 1 x adult day return â€“ AUD $32
You can book ahead online at www.airportbus.net.au or call ahead to Habitat HQ reception (FREECALL 1 800 202 500) to confirm your voucher number before boarding the shuttle bus. (Please note that conditions apply.)
AIRPORT TO CBD - SHUTTLE SERVICE
SKYBUS (big red buses) run a 24 hour express bus service from Melbourne Airport to Southern Cross Station in Melbourne CBD (see below for directions to St Kilda). Buses run every 10 minutes during most hours of the day otherwise every 15-30 minutes from 2300 to 0500. It takes about 20 minutes to reach the Southern Cross Station terminal in the city.
SKYBUS TICKETS can be purchased outside the Arrivals Terminal from the red tickets booths- which are open 24 hours a days.
- One Way - AUD$17.00
- Return Trip (2 trips) AUD$28.00
- Combined Metcard that allows you to travel on SKYBUS & Metlink (tram ticket) for 2 hours AUD$21.00 or SKYBUS & Metlink (tram ticket) all day AUD $24.00. We recommend AUD$19.00 unless you arrive early in the morning & will explore St Kilda & city surrounds on your first day.
Airport Terminal via Southern Cross Station to Swanston Street CBD SKYBUS's main drop off point is Southern Cross station on Spencer Street in the city. To connect to a direct tram on St Kilda Road please ask Skybus hotel transfer staff at Southern Cross Station which bus transfers them to a Swanston Street hotel drop off. Trams #3 (East Malvern) or #67 (Carnegie) run along Swanston Street with a 20 min ride deliverying you to stop number 34 outside Habitat HQ's door.
Taxis are also available from the airport. A taxi ride to Habitat HQ will cost between $55 and $70. Melbourne taxis are all painted yellow & easy to identify.
FROM THE CITY
From Southern Cross Station Melbourne CBD
- Walk out the front of the station to the tram stop in the middle of the road.
- Catch tram #75 down Spencer St and along Flinders St and get off at Flinders Street Station.
- Walk 50m to the tram stop on Swanston St (in between Flinders St Station and Federation Square).
- Catch tram #3 (East Malvern) or #67 (Carnegie) all the way down Swanston St which turns into St Kilda Rd to Habitat HQ which is stop number 34. â€¨â€¨
From Flinders Street Station, on the Yarra River
Go to the tram stop on Swanston St (in between Flinders St Station and Federation Square). Catch tram #3 or #67 all the way down Swanston St which changes into St Kilda Road. Get off the tram at stop 34 directly opposite Habitat HQ.
â€¨From AVALON AIRPORT
(South-West of Melbourne)
The Sunbus will connect with your flight and take you to the Southern Cross Station, in Melbourne CBD. Refer to directions above to get from Southern Cross Station Melbourne CBD to St Kilda by tram.
Refer to MELWAYS MAP MELWAYS - Victorian Street Directory MAP 22 Ref G6